Monday, August 08, 2005

Christmas in August

I got home today and I had two boxes waiting for me! One was my second Secret Pal package (really my third treat). It contains a skein of Noro Silk Garden in color 34, with a pattern for a Silk Garden Beanie from And She Knits Too. Along with the beautiful yarn is a sweatshirt from University of Calgary. My SP graduated from there and now work in admissions there. I am excited to have a college swetshirt from across the border. And it will keep me nice and toasty on Labor and Delivery, which is freezing these days. (Despite the temperature being above 100 today, one of the residents had his fleece lined jacket on when I walked onto L&D this morning.) You know what I love about my SP, she writes with a fountain pen (I do, too). And she sent the most beautiful picture of irises on the card that came with my package. I love irises.

And in addition to my SP package, I had my contest prize from Cara. (I have to give Cara credit for this picture, cause I borrowed it from her site). It is a beautiful purple Jagger Spun Zephyr Wool Silk (50% Wool, 50% Tussah Silk). I may have to venture into something lacy with this yarn. I had thought I would not take part of this lace craze, cause I really don't have the time. But I think that I am going to have to jump on the bandwagon. There is also a box of her Sheep and Wool Cards. These cards are beautiful. I can't wait to send them to someone.

I have finished the baby sweater for my friend. I have to seam up the underarm and weave in the ends. And then I can give it to her. I spent most of today, which I had off cause I worked yesterday, running around doing errands. I have been so busy with my case list and the abstracts that I haven't had time to do anything. One thing I had to do was take my cable box to the place and trade it in. Then when I got home, it wasnt' working, so they sent a signal to it and they zapped it. Now I don't have any movie channels. Ugh! I am not very happy about it. In the last 2 years of living here, I have had more trouble with this cable service, but I don't think I can get satellite here in my building. I may have to look into it.

Anyway, I will post some pictures tomorrow when there is some light.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you like the sweatshirt - I hope it fits okay! If not, please let me know.

I'm glad you liked the iris card - I picked that one out with you in mind. :) Can't NOT write with a fountain pen when there's such a nice picture to go with it.

8/09/2005 08:02:00 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

I collect antique fountain pens! Well, I don't do much of it; it's labor-intensive and expensive, but maybe I'll show you some of my pens sometime. Funny the things you find you have in common with people!

8/14/2005 08:41:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home