Sunday, August 14, 2005

Finally some pictures

I warn you, I finally have pictures.

My dad was in town this weekend. We didn't do much except eat! We went to two great restaurants, one to which I had been before, and the other I had been wanting to try. We had an awful thunderstorm yesterday, and we were stuck out in it. There are over 140,000 people in our area that no have no power. I am luck, mine never even went out.

But I was able to get some knitting done.
I finished the placket neck pull over from the Last-Minute Knitted Gifts (I actually finished it last weekend, but I have been lazy taking the pictures) It is knitted in the Knitpicks yarn called crayon, in this beautiful red color. The pattern called for a wool yarn, but I thought the cotton would be better. And the boucle of the yarn makes is look very different. The seed stitch time is a bit hard to see, but I think that my friend will like it.

After finishing the sweater, I decided to start a new pait of socks for me! I found this pattern on line, and I swatched for the sock Wednesday night at the Knitting meetup group that meets at Barnes and Noble. I have never been to this group meeting before, and I met a lot of nice people. But here is the sock progression.


This is the Lorna's Laces that I bought when I was in Reno. The colorway is called Circus.





This is what the yarn looks like wound in a ball.







And this is what the sock looks like so far. I love the way that it is striping. I hope the next skein will do the same. Well, I think that I better go to bed. I am a tired cookie.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kristen said...

ah ha! I have two skiens of that LL's colorway and have been patiently waiting to see if I could spy a preview of what it looks like all knit up! Thank you!!

the sweater looks wonderful - I like how that yarn added a bit of texture but still looks understated.

thank you for the email and comments - it means more then other things because they are coming from someone who has been there and done that. I hope you're having good luck with your research...

8/27/2005 08:25:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home