Sunday, November 27, 2005

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. I did. I was able to see my new nephew, and it was the greatest. How can you spend so much time just staring at someones face. He is so adorable. i wanted to pack him in my suitcase and take him home with me. But I think my sister and BIL would have noticed.

And I also spent the weekend working on my special project, which I hope to reveal later this week.

I had an hour ride on the train to NYC today, and I was able to knit a lot on my sweater. Ashley and I also were able to make it to the yarn shop in Princeton. I bought some Manos to make a great pair of fingerless mittens. And some yarn for my SP. And some opal gem sock yarn. I need to get at least one pair of socks finished so I can knit up all this other sock yarn

I am right now sitting on the 34th floor of the UN Plaza hotel, overlooking the East River, and getting anxious about my interview tomorrow. I have a great view from my hotel. And I spent the night reviewing the publications of the people that I will meet with tomorrow. I am a little nervous. I had wanted to wander around today, but I got here after dark, and I didn't want to do that in the dark. Hopefully I will have some time in the next 2 days.

Well, I have been tagged by Beth. So here goes.

What is your all-time favorite yarn to knit with?

Nothing in particular. I have some Rowan calmer that I am to knit with. And everyone raves about that. But I can't say that there is anything in particular that is my favorite.

The worst thing you've ever knit?
I have this sweater that I made when I was in high school. At that time it was wonderful, but now it has these puffy sleeves. I still like it. I'll have to take a picture when I get home, and see what you all think about it.

Most valuable knitting technique?
That is a hard one, since I can't say that I have that many techniques. So I will have to take a pass on this one, and maybe Beth can teach me her invisible cast on.

Your most favorite knit pattern?
That is tough, cause I don't have a pattern that I have knit many of. But if I have to pick something, it would be Anouk. I have made 2 of them, they are quick, easy baby girl gifts. and I love that it will grow with the baby!

Favorite knitwear designer?
I don't know. I need to peruse some designs and then I'll get back to you. I guess I have a lot more to learn about knitting.

Best knitting magazine?
Interweave, of course! I just love it.

Favorite Book?
I love my Vogue Knitting companion. It is a small version of there big book. It is easy to carry around and has lots of tips.

Your favorite knit blogs?
How can I list one and not offend others. So I am only going to list one. ARTwinKnits. That is because it belongs to the person who got me hooked on this crazy thing, and is the best sister in the world.

The knit item you wear the most?
I stareted knitting when I was in middle school. And then when I went to college I put it away. Then about 2 years I picked it up again. Most of what I have made in the last 2 years has not been wearable, at least by me. Several gifts, and a scarf or two. But I am knitting away on a sweater that I can't wait. i'll post some pictures soon.

I better get some sleep. If I get to a computer tomorrow, I may post some more about my interview. If not, then Wednesday.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kristen said...

I hope you have a great interview tomorrow - I'll keep a good thought. I'm spending the day at a precepting gyn's office and will try and send good ob/gyn thoughts your way!

11/27/2005 09:04:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm your favorite blog! Thanks.
Glad you had fun this weekend. We did too. H misses you.

11/28/2005 08:33:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home