Sunday, September 25, 2005

Well, I have decided to broach the lace thing. A few months ago I won some lace weight yarn from Cara. I decided to make the Flower Basket Shawl from IK. I have just started, but I think it will be fun. Following the graph will be a challenge, but I am excited to do it. I have cast on, and knit about 12 rows.

Otherwise, I have been really busy with work. I am trying to write the manuscript for one of my research projects. I am helping to write a chapter for a book. I have a big lecture to give in a few weeks. And my ultrasound project is taking a lot of my time. Plus, I should be studying for my boards which I will take in January. And I need to be looking for a job. All of this is so overwhelming that I don't know where to start.

And the knitting is taking a back seat. But I need to finish my sock pair. And I want to get this shawl done. Not to mention things for Christmas presents. I wish there was more time.

At least I am slowly getting out of the bad mood that has been interfering with my ability to get anything done. So for now, I can at least get something done. I'll post some pics soon.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yay! the mood is lifting. and wow. i didn't realize you had so much going on. i don't know how you do it. i wish i had your motivation. but we don't need to talk about that. it brings us both down. hope the fbs goes quickly. can't wait to see you soon.
A

9/26/2005 05:47:00 AM  
Blogger Lorette said...

Watch out, that lace gets addicting.
You sound too busy for one person!

9/26/2005 11:52:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! What synchronicity--I just ordered some Zephyr Iris for the FBS. I found your blog through januaryone, because I wondered what you did with the Zephyr you won from her. Good luck with the shawl!

10/04/2005 09:21:00 PM  
Blogger Kristen said...

I hope you're doing well - I've been thinking about you as I plow through all of the step 1 repro information. I haven't yet braved the new world known as "lace" but I will at some point because the postman delivered some laceweight yarn just the other day...

10/08/2005 07:05:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home