Sunday, April 10, 2005

Alright, I'll give the posting another try

Well, ever since I lost my post, I have been hesitant to post. But here goes.

My trip to L.A. was good. I ate lots of good food, and spent too much money. But not much shopping. I did have some willpower. Tuesday night I went to Trader Vic's. It was pouring down rain and the restaurant was in the hotel. I saw Paula Abdul. She was sitting across the restaurant, talking about music. Wednesday I spent the day in my conference. Walked around Beverly Hills on Wednesday and window shopped on Rodeo Drive. Too bad I couldn't afford anything. Went to bed early Wednesday night. Thurday night we went to a restaurant called Asia de Cuba, a cuban-asian fusion restaurant. It was very good. While waiting for dinner on Thursday, we had an exciting time in out hotel lobby. I got a great deal through hotwire, and we stayed at the Beverly Hilton - and for only $136 a night. They were having an event for the Starlight, Starbright foundation to honor Steven Spielberg. We saw Carl Lewis, Tamyra Gray, Paul Hamm, and Teri Hatcher! She is so skinny. We had fun, and didn't see any other stars. And for some reason my friend and I must have seemed to fit in so we were able to stand there and see what was going on. Well, back to the restaurants. Friday we went to Crustacean. I had the best piece of sea bass I have ever eaten. And they have a fish tank like a river in the entry way. It was really cool.

The conference ended on Saturday, and then I went to Manhattan Beach. I stayed with a friend. We had a nice dinner at an italian place. I had a great walk along the beach too. Sunday was easter and we went to the sunrise service. It was really great. We hung around the beach for the morning, then I had to come back home. The weather was lousy the first few days. And it never was above 70 degrees. But most of the days it was in the 50s. Not what I expected for southern california.

On the knitting front, I have finished my scarf for my mom. And I am more than halfway finished with my baby blanket. Hopefully she won't have the baby before I can finish it. I hope to get some done tonight. I will take pictures tomorrow when the sun is out. I am wanting to knit a sweater for myself, but don't know what to knit. I'll have to peruse some magazines and some blogs. Hope all in blogland are doing well.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, thanks for visiting my site! I'm going to add you to my list of blogs to read.
Mia (minicia.bluegarter.org)

4/11/2005 09:06:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oooh, sounds super exciting! glad you had fun! :)

some goodies are coming your way tomorrow! yay!

your secret pal ;)

4/11/2005 08:35:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun trip to LA! I would have been totally ogling the stars there.

4/12/2005 12:34:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home