Saturday, January 29, 2005

Secret Pal 4, Here I Come!

I am so excited about Secret Pal 4. Here are my questions:

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer high- a nd/natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?
I'm not a yarn snob, but I do like nice things. I do like some of the Lion Brand, I have used several of there things. But anything itchy is not good.

2. Do you spin? Crochet?
I do not spin, bit I can crochet. I prefer to knit, probably cause I haven't crocheted in a long time.

3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)
No allergies, but I don't like smoky smelling things.

4. How long have you been knitting?
I learned to knit when I was about 12. I knitted every summer for several years. Then when I was in college I stopped. I picked it up again about a year ago.

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
No, but I may make one soon

6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
I like candles, just about any scent. But I am not a huge fan of scented bath products.

7. Do you have a sweet tooth?
Yes, a big one.

8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
I have made some jewelry in the past, and I have dabbled in scrapbooking. But I can't watch TV and do those very easily, so that is why I like to knit.

9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
Just about anything, except for rap music. I have recently had an interest in Jazz, but I don't know a lot about it. I am trying to learn. I can play MP3s.

10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer?
I don't really have a favorite color. I don't really like very bright things.

11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
Single with 2 cats.

12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)
To live a fulfilling life, and be surrounded by people I love.

13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
I don't really have one. I like anything that feels good.

14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
Scratchy anything is not good.

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
Not really anything.

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
I have knit everything, sweaters, scarves, bags. What ever I'm in the mood for.

17. What are you knitting right now?
A pair of socks, the French market bag from knitty, and a scarf for my mom.

18. What do you think about ponchos?
I like them.

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
I use whichever.

20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I have a set of Denise interchangeables that I use a lot, cause they have about every size. But I love wooden needles. I really would like to try some Addi turbos, but I haven't bought any yet.

21. Are you a sock knitter?
Yes.

22. How did you learn to knit?
One summer, my mom taught my sister and I to knit. I wish I still had that little tank sweater that I made. I really loved it.

23. How old is your oldest UFO?
This past summer, my mom found a bag in the closet with yarn and a half knit sweater that I started in college -- that was about 12 years ago. I think I will pull it out and use the yarn for something else, cause the pattern is big sleeves, and big body. Gotta love the styles from the early '90s.

24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
I don't have a favorite animated character or animal.

25. What is your favorite holiday?
Halloween, it is also my birthday.

26. Is there anything that you collect?
No, I'm not a big fan of things that clutter. I guess if I picked something to collect, it would be good bottles of wine.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yipeee!!

I just got an e-mail, and you're my secret pal!!! (or I'm your secret pal..i'm not sure which is the right technical term!)

Have a great day!

your secret pal ;)

1/30/2005 02:22:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home