Sunday, January 30, 2005

A busy knitting weekend

Well, I have to start my post with a funny story. This past summer, my mom found a bag full of yarn that I had bought to make a sweater when I was in college - probably 12 years ago. It is a pretty blue mercerized cotton. I had forgotten about it, until she found it in the closet. I have decided to pull out what I have already knit and find something else to use it for.

Last night my mom called me and told me that she had been looking at a knitting magazine at Barnes and Noble and found a sweater that she thought would be pretty in that yarn. The funny part about it is that I actually bought that magazine yesterday, cause I saw the sweater and thought the same thing! It is funny how my mom and my sister and I do that all the time. The sweater is called Tea Rose in Knitter's Magazine. I will have to get started on it soon.

In other news, I am almost finished with my first sock. I will post pictures later. (My camera is full of pics. I need to download them.) I spent most of last night working on it. I also went to see In Good Company (Topher Grace is so cute) and I took my French Market bag with me. I got quite a bit finished. The theater I went to is really cool. There is a huge balcony, but the first floor is covered with couches. I curled up on one of the couches and knitted away.

Well, I am excited about secret pal 4. I have heard from my pal, and sent a note to my pal. Yipee. I look forward to all the secrets!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home