Monday, April 25, 2005

I'm in Virginia....Finally

I am on vacation this week. And I am glad to be home in Virginia. But it was a nightmare trying to get here. Because I was on call Friday night, I had to leave in the afternoon on Saturday. But because of the weather, my flight was delayed leaving. Then, I got to Chicago and had missed my connection. So, I tried to get on the next available flight, which was full. That was when I first got mad because the gate agent in St. Louis told me there were plenty of seats. So they were going to reroute me back to St. Louis, then on to Virginia. But that flight was late too, so I decided to stay in Chicago and take a chance on getting off the stand-by list for the later flight. But when I didn't get on the plane back to St. Louis, they must have assumed I was a terrorist, and so they took me off the stand-by list. So it was 8:00 pm, and I was stranded in the Chicago airport, and they told me, "Sorry, it was weather delay, we can't pay for a hotel room for you." So I started yelling, and then I started crying, and they still wouldn't pay. I finally got the room paid for, but it was a nightmare end to an already bad week. But I am finally in Virginia!

Today I decided to go to the LYS here. It was a great shop. They had every color imaginable of Lorna's Lace, and Koigu. I ended up buying some had painted cotton sock yarn. I will post a picture later. I am almost finished with the french market bag. I just need to attached the handles, and then felt it. I will take some pictures of that tomorrow. Next step is to start the back of the shapely tank.

The other news is that my sister in law said to me yesterday - "I want to learn to do that." Her sister stood there and laughed in her face, but I encouraged her that she could, and maybe I will teach her this week, or find her a class. Or maybe my mom could teach her, she did an okay job teaching me. Anyway, I am off to fix those handles. More later, with pictures.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good LYS if they're that stocked with Koigu and Lorna's Laces! Which LYS was this?

4/28/2005 11:41:00 AM  
Blogger Kristen said...

I hope your trip home is uneventful - it sounds like you've had enough travel adventures to last a long, long time. (I agree with Barbara - it is a good yarn store! I have had a hard time finding Lorna's Laces here. Though it's probably a good thing for my credit card...) Enjoy the rest of your week off!
you were the only one to know what school I was talking about - I'm impressed you knew it, and that I was being trained in manipulation!

4/29/2005 05:53:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi there!

so i know this weekend is the "grand reveal", but I have a final package to send you! I'll send it Monday morning, so by the end of next week you'll know who i am! you don't mind the secrecy continuing for just a couple more days do ya? :)

your (soon-to-be-revealed) SP4 ;)

4/30/2005 07:05:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home