Sunday, May 08, 2005

What a night!

Last night was one of those nights on call when it becomes greatly obvious to me why I love what I do. Many of you would think I am crazy, cause the events of last night were not good. I mean we had a lot of normal deliveries and healthy babies. And that is always nice. But last night, there were two women who bring to the forefront the reality that childbirth was the number one killer of women 100 years ago. Now, no one died last night, but these two women became very sick. I don't want every day to be like it was last night. But it makes me realize that all of the things I have given up to become who I am is really worth it. It also makes me realize how precious someone's life is and how I must approach my privilege to take care of them with great humility. I don't want to get on my soap box, so I think that is enough.

On to the knitting content. I did go to my LYS sale before I went to work. And I walked out with this.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
9 BALLS OF ROWAN CALMER! I couldn't resist. I have never knit with this and I think it will make a nice sweater. So now to find the perfect pattern. I am getting ever more close to finishing my tank. I'm going to try to finish it tonight. But that is a lofty goal.

I am watching Desperate Housewives and Bree, Marcia Cross's character, was just knitting! Wow, it is fun to see when knitting hits the main stream television. Well, I better get back to the sticks.

By the way, Happy Mother's Day to all of you who are mothers.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You humble and amaze me. I am so proud to say you're my sister.
I love you,
A

5/09/2005 05:15:00 AM  
Blogger RC said...

A regular reader here and just wanted to let you know I thank God every day for my OB & team who delivered my son at 26 weeks and took such good care of me! Its a special person who does that job! You Go Girl!
PS. Thanks for all the great knitting content!
Colleen P

5/09/2005 02:03:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was a C-section baby, and my mom and I sometimes marvel that if not for the OB (and modern medicine, anesthesia, etc. etc.), we both would not be alive, and my poor dad would be wandering around alone. He'd hate that.
I CAN'T WAIT FOR NEXT YEAR, when I can be on the wards and see amazing things!!

5/09/2005 06:20:00 PM  
Blogger Kristen said...

I do wish I were geographically closer to you so I could meet up and talk about those sorts of things with you! (The things you mentioned in that first paragraph bring back the reality of what I will be doing someday...).

I can't wait to buy calmer - I haven't had any luck finding it on sale, but perhaps when I get my next "living disbursemtent" I will splurge. (especially if you enjoy working with it!). I really want to make Allison's Nothing But a T-Shirt, but have enough other projects to keep me busy!

I hope your next few nights on are less eventful and everyone is okay. :)

5/09/2005 08:14:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home