Sunday, June 05, 2005

Another busy weekend

Well, A busy weekend, but not much knitting. I wanted to start this post with a picture of my tank. But I went to take the picture and realized that my camera batteries were dead. So I plugged in the rechargeable ones, but it takes a few hours. So you'll have to wait. Not much other knitting news. I have started Scoop It from the spring Knitter's magazine. I picked a beautiful light blue. I think it will be great. This is my first venture into a full sweater since I was in high school. That was a long time ago, but I think that I will be okay. The tank looks pretty good, so hopefully the sweater will be okay.

I have another baby gift to make. I think I may knit the Child's Placket-Neck Pullover from Last Minute Knitted Gifts. It is a cute sweater and I think I will find some yarn from Knit Picks. In the mean time I may get some shine to knit the Vintage pink cardigan from IK. The kids sweater calls for a Koigu wool, but I think I will make it in a more all season yarn if I can find one.

Otherwise, nothing really new here. I went dancing last night with some of the folks from work. I forgot how much I like to dance. But we were going out to celebrate the end of the year for the current graduating resident class. Another reminder that it is coming close to the end of the academic year, and I am getting nervous and anxious to see what the next year will bring. New jobs, finishing my research and who knows what else. It is a little scary to me to know what will happen, but I am optimistic that I will make all the right decisions. Well, enough seriousness. I'm going to go watch Shrek 2!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the end of an academic year! Great opportunity for new beginnings. Plus, shopping for school supplies, my number one favorite shopping trip. Can you tell I'm a teacher at heart?

Best of luck in searching for new jobs...

6/06/2005 08:23:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home