Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Secret Pal 5 -- The Questionnaire

Well, I sent Rox an email to say I was bummed I missed the sign up and that I would love to be an angel if she needed them. Then I got an email that she was able to get me in! I am very excited. I was hesitant to join cause the cash seems to keep flowing to the wrong things, but this will be a good thing. I am very excited. I heard from the person who is spoiling me, but I am waiting to hear who I will be spoilin'. So I better get this questionnaire done. Here goes. You can also read the one from SP4. Wonder if my answers have changed? Pictures of my tank to come.

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?
I wouldn't call myself a snob. I have been known to use Lion Brand. But I do like nice things and things that are not itchy.
2. Do you spin? Crochet?
Do not spin - although I'd love to learn. I do crochet, but I prefer to knit.
3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)
No allergies, but I really can't stand smoky things.
4. How long have you been knitting?
I learned to knit when I was about 12 years old. That was a long time ago! I knit every summer for a while, then picked it back up about a year ago.
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
No, but I could make one!
6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
I like candles, but I'm not a huge fan of really fruity smelling bath products. They are good for some, but not for me.
7. Do you have a sweet tooth?
Yes, more than I care to admit.
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
I have dabbled in some scrapbooking and some jewelry making, but nothing very exciting.
9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I like just about anything. My new found interest in Jazz continues. I can play MP3s, and my ipod is waiting to be filled up.
10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
No real favorite color.
11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
Just me and my two fury friends, two cats. See them here.
12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)
To live a fulfilling life, and be surrounded by people I love.
13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
Can't say that I have a favorite. I have some Calmer waiting to find a home, and everyone loves it that I can tell. It just has to be soft.
14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
Nothing really.
15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
I am fascinated by the sock craze. I have finished one sock - not a pair, and I have tried to start another, but I have put that aside for now. I may pick it up again soon. There are so many things I want to make! NBaT, booga bag ... The list goes on. And the stash continues to grow!
16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Just about anything.
17. What are you knitting right now?
A sweater from the spring Knitter's magazine.
18. What do you think about ponchos?
They are okay. I think I any try and knit one for next winter.
19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
Circular, cause I have a set of Denise's that I love.
20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
No preference.
21. Are you a sock knitter?
Yes.
22. How did you learn to knit?
One summer, my mom taught my sister and I to knit. I wish I still had that little tank sweater that I made. I really loved it.
23. How old is your oldest UFO?
This past summer, my mom found a bag in the closet with yarn and a half knit sweater that I started in college -- that was about 12 years ago. I think I will pull it out and use the yarn for something else, cause the pattern is big sleeves, and big body. Gotta love the styles from the early '90s.
24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
I don't have one.
25. What is your favorite holiday?
Halloween, it is my birthday!
26. Is there anything that you collect?
No, I'm not a big fan of things that clutter. I guess if I picked something to collect, it would be good bottles of wine.
27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
Interweave Knits
28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on?
Not really.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home